Needless Worries?

The Tree, we are going to try and save the tree!!! Hurrah!

Amazon Gift Certificates – a few kind and thoughtful folks gave me gift certificates for having received a Master’s Degree. I cashed in one this week knowing I had missed our monthly grocery delivery. Immediately I worried whether or not I would find enough books to buy before next month’s grocery shipment at the end of June.  I didn’t want to waste the gift certificate on toothpaste and coffee.

Good news! I bought two books today. Is it June yet?

10 thoughts on “Needless Worries?

1. Carl D'Agostino May 29, 2014 / 6:16 pm

MA degree – congrats. Got mine in 1980 religious studies. We had no internet. We used books. We were so limited. Envy today’s students as availability and access unlimited.

• fictionfitz May 30, 2014 / 10:23 am

If it makes you feel any better, for Masters of Divinity, we read a lot of books and wrote many papers. Fortunately for me it did not include drawing.

2. marthaschaefer May 29, 2014 / 6:58 pm

Hooray for saving the tree! Books will feed your mind. Congrats on the degree!!

• fictionfitz May 30, 2014 / 10:24 am

Thanks Martha, now it just has to stay together in its present from for another six weeks and then the pruning begins.

B

3. New Hampshire Garden Solutions May 29, 2014 / 7:14 pm

I’m glad that the maple will get a second chance. It’s a shame to lose a tree that has some real age.

• fictionfitz May 30, 2014 / 10:24 am

I feel that way about anything old, and becoming more empathetic by the day.

4. Marilyn Armstrong May 29, 2014 / 10:24 pm

There are ALWAYS books to buy, including new and improved versions of books we have already read 🙂 I just got Jim Butcher’s latest. I am happily engrossed until I run out of pages. Amazon delivered!

• fictionfitz May 30, 2014 / 10:25 am

I never thought I would enjoy any other method of buying books other than a bookstore. Another prophecy for the wrong column.