Not for The First (Or last) Time

Today I wrote a blog I didn’t’ like. I didn’t feel that way when I posted it, but reading it later. This has happened before, but in those other circumstances I deleted the post. This time I decided to keep it.

Most of what I post stays true to the original blog name, Bob’s Books Blog. It is the blog’s name before I decided I liked Writing Out  Loud.  The original remains the blogs link electronically and in my brain. Much of what I post comes from a fresh reading of one of the many books active on my shelves. Today’s post on health came from the book A Theology of Compassion by Oliver Davies.

On page 82 the author gets into Aristotle on being. He cites parts of Aristotle’s book Metaphysics. Aristotle at one point uses health to sight a parallel  on being and substance. It is this piece from which I digressed into what I hoped would be a revelation and discussion on health.

Aristotle sights health as having a focal meaning and the author offers a general quote paraphrased from “modern scholars.”  ‘Everything that is healthy is related to health, one thing in the sense that it preserves health, another sense in that it produces it, another in the sense that it is a symptom of health, another because it is capable of it.”

Davies then says, “Aristotle envisages a world in which every substance comes from another of the same kind, in a self-perpetuating chain of causality.”

So now you can see where I’m coming from. :>) Not too nerdy at all is it!

9 thoughts on “Not for The First (Or last) Time

1. M. Zane McClellan May 19, 2014 / 5:29 pm

I loved it actually. I wrote a blog addressing health and wellness, physical, spiritual, and emotional. I look forward to more from you on the subject. Thank you.

• fictionfitz May 19, 2014 / 5:38 pm

Zane, I have had a like experience with my newspaper column. My liking or not my writings is often the opposite of what readers say. By this I mean the ones I read later and think oops. Of course the ones I like the best everybody likes too. Well most of the time. Some of the time. We can over analyze.

• M. Zane McClellan May 19, 2014 / 5:42 pm

Too true. I prefer this dilemma to the writers who are overconfident and produce twaddle prodigiously. Please call me Michael, Bob.

• fictionfitz May 20, 2014 / 6:56 am

Michael, may we ever be so humble. Did someone say that already?

• M. Zane McClellan May 20, 2014 / 7:25 am

Yes, but you “said” it better 😉 and I agree.

2. New Hampshire Garden Solutions May 19, 2014 / 7:04 pm

Usually the posts I like least generate the most traffic. I’ve stopped trying to figure it out.

• fictionfitz May 20, 2014 / 6:56 am

You have a new member to your club. Nevermore.

3. Marilyn Armstrong May 19, 2014 / 10:18 pm

I did exactly the same thing. By the time I realized what I’d written gave an entirely wrong impression, so many people had already commented it seemed useless to dump it. But I will dump it tomorrow. Oy.