Snow

I think the song lyrics “Rain, rain, go away,” was originally about snow. Someone having just moved from New England in search of a perfect climate.

I like to shovel in shifts. Have done two. One more about to happen and one more about nine tonight. The last or next to last tomorrow at six am.

The most recent storms before this one have had little or no wind. This one has a strong wind. Hopefully, we keep our lights glowing and computers humming.

I did write today, as in a book project, but now distracted. Snow, snow, go away, and don’t come back another day.

10 thoughts on “Snow

1. raehering February 13, 2014 / 5:02 pm

Ha! That song SHOULD be about snow, shouldn’t it? I’m spoiled living in Tennessee – I only shovel in small doses on visits home to Minnesota. It’s easy to call shoveling “invigorating exercise” when I’m only doing it once a year. Nonetheless, happy shoveling!

• fictionfitz February 13, 2014 / 5:04 pm

We lived in Minnesota for eight years. I can say I understand the joy you experience.

2. Marilyn Armstrong February 13, 2014 / 5:09 pm

So when the rain goes away, we get buried in snow … and when we finally get totally fed up with snow, it rains and everything floods. GREAT weather. Better than where???

• fictionfitz February 14, 2014 / 7:01 am

Your question sums it up.

3. Carole Webber February 13, 2014 / 6:16 pm

I am impressed with all that shoveling you are doing.! Susan should take your picture.
    We are being plowed right now but have two door entrances that need attention…maybe later the 87 year old guy did one. and is now resting,

• fictionfitz February 14, 2014 / 7:07 am

We cancelled breakfast this morning, but not because of John. He was ready and raring. Oh, to be old again.

4. New Hampshire Garden Solutions February 13, 2014 / 6:36 pm

They say we’ll see a warming trend next week. Mud season will be here before you know it.

• fictionfitz February 14, 2014 / 7:06 am

I think I am ready for the warmer temperatures. Mud is okay. Of course, I rarely leave the yellow brick road.

5. neonwalrus February 13, 2014 / 9:52 pm

I left NH for the perfect climate. OK, a better one. Haven’t found it recently in rainy, cold (30s ok 30s above) SoCar.

And the snows were beautiful…

• fictionfitz February 14, 2014 / 7:05 am

Good to hear your perspective. Not only beauty, but excitement, and the relaxation of a snow day, sipping tea.